Saturday, November 10, 2007

Thursday - HFPE is over!

"Who knows but that something wonderful may happen today. Have faith that it will. After all, every morning is a chance at a new day!" --Marjorie Pay Hinckley
----------------------------------
Blog Entry: Well, all I can say is that today started off bad, got worse and worse and worse, and finally ended nicely.

I got up later than I had planned. I started making all the carmel corn for the goodie bags for HFPE and made the carmel too crunchy for the first batch. Luckily, as I progressed, it got gooeyer and gooeyer so that was good. BUT, all morning and all afternoon, I had to deal with calls about this paper I had ordered for a friend of mine for her daughter's wedding announcements. I had placed the order on 10/25 and it was now 11/8 and it still wasn't here. Long story short, Clint ended driving all the way to Gilbert (over 100 miles round trip) today and then when he got home with the paper, it was the wrong color (totally NOT his fault). So, tomorrow, he's driving down there again to exchange it. Then, we were supposed to be at the church at 4 to set up, but we didn't get there until 4:40 (my fault). I didn't even get a chance to put makeup on or do my hair. I looked like a wreck. Luckily, everyone pulled together and got stuff set up. When the sisters started arriving, the church smelled wonderful, there was Christmas music playing, and we were ready. Everything turned out incredibly well and the sisters really seemed to have a great time. They told me how much they appreciated everything and how lovely it was. Lisa and Annaka did a great job on their presentations. Everything was beautiful. The only bad thing left for the day was that I forgot my camera...In the end though, all the sweat and frustration of the day made it worth it.

I am so appreciative of Clint. He willingly helped me with hauling all the stuff to the church even though he thinks I take and do too much. He grumped at first, but as always, he came to my rescue. Love you, sweetie.

No comments: