Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's OVER! Finally!

The holiday luncheon at work is O-V-E-R! I am so glad! My feet hurt and I am tired. But, it went off REALLY well.

This morning I said a prayer that the day would go well and the new format would work out. I just had a peace in my heart that it would. Right before we opened the doors for the first session, I ran to the restroom and said another prayer. Hey...where else in a 364,000 square foot building with 2,300 people can you get a little privacy? I headed back in to the café and we got the café-workerbees hyped up and then we opened the doors promptly at 9:30. There were a whole whopping 10 people waiting. They headed in and over the next 5 minutes, more trickled through. At 9:45, our next group started trickling through. And so it went...every 15 minutes more people arrived and every 45 minutes they left. We checked the seating and everything was fine. Nobody looking around to try to locate a seat other than just for a few brief seconds. Nobody not having a seat. No lines to get in. It went so great! The food was good (although still too pricey) and everyone seemed to have a great time. It went so well that I felt comfortable going back to my office at 1 pm instead of hanging around in the cafe all day like prior years.

I went back and worked a little bit more, then headed home. It felt so nice to leave while the sun was still up...especially since I'd gotten there when it was pitch black. I spent some time with C for a few minutes and then headed in here to the computer to get started working on the program and signs for tomorrow's Church CHRISTMAS (not holiday) party. I hope it all goes well. We haven't had a lot of time to pull it together since everybody on the activities committee just were called within the last 3 weeks. I'm sure since we are focusing on the Savior completely during this party, everything will be fine.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I've cooked a turkey only three times my whole life and I've used a bag every time. Turns out pretty moist. Growing up, I never saw a turkey bag used at our house.