Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm Home

The funeral was very nice. The weather cold and windy, but I found it truly refreshing. Spent some time with Shelli one-on-one, then went back to her hotel room and visited with her and Jason for a while. It was so good to see her again! I can't believe we didn't take one picture. We figured out we've known each other for 21 years. We've been through so much together during that time. It's so great to have a friend for that long!

Left the hotel in Fontana at 2 pm. Finally made it to Rialto at 3 pm. Hello....that's only about 5 miles down the road. Long story short...needed to get gas and some lunch...took forever because of traffic. Got on the freeway, freeway was stalled due to an accident. Finally got past the accident in Rialto and headed on out for Phoenix. About 13 miles outside of Blythe, all of a sudden the traffic came to a complete stop. It took me 45 minutes to go 4 miles due to a really bad accident. I soon recognized God's hand in this trip - again. After doing some small calculations, I realized that had I actually gotten on the freeway right at 2 p.m., I very easily could have been involved in that accident. I was so GRATEFUL at that point that I'd been delayed earlier. The weird thing, though, was that although I didn't speed, my trip home still only took 5 hours (once I officially got going down the road at 3 pm).

Melon Man kept calling me along the way to see when I'd be home. His very last call came right as I pulled into the driveway! Missed you, honey!

No comments: