Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ah, the Joy of...

...sleeping in until 7 a.m.! Most people wouldn't think 7 a.m. is sleeping in, but for someone that gets up between 4 and 430 a.m. everyday, it truly is!

I took today off because I had to go back to the dentist today for my first root planing and scaling appointment. Today we did the right side - upper and lower. Oh my. My mouth is quite sore, but not enough to have to take anything, but the hygienist says it will likely get a lot worse as the day wears on. I'm going to hold off on taking some ibuprofen until the pain starts to intensify. I just don't like to take medicine unless I REALLY have to. I didn't eat before I went and that was a mistake because I don't feel like eating now, although I need to. I actually wish we had just done the left side too. I don't feel like going through this again next Wednesday too. But...oh well, I can sleep in again - and even later if I want since my appointment isn't until after 11 a.m.!

I have tomorrow and Friday off too...what a joy! Not sure what Dad and I are going to do, but it will be nice to just be home relaxing. It's supposed to be ultra-hot here while he's here (great...) so I'm sure he won't want to go out and about. That's fine with me!

I have a bunch of stuff to get done today but now just don't feel like doing anything but taking some ibuprofen and laying down. I have dishes to do, finish making the bed, fold laundry, take stuff to the dry cleaners, take stuff to Good Will, clean the scrapbook room, get Dad's bed set up, and make something for dinner, then head to the airport to pick Dad up. Melon Man is going to use our new pressure washer and clean the patio - thank goodness - it's disgusting. I did get the front driveway sprayed off today though. That's good because it was super dirty and looked really bad when people drive by.

I guess I'll go work on the scrapbook room first - it's the most important right now. So, off I go....

No comments: