Wednesday, October 7, 2009

On the Road to Wrightwood...

Lisa and I left today for California.  Our plan was for Lisa to pick me up at 10 a.m. and be on the road.  We were going to stop in Rancho Cucamonga to go shopping at Tai Pan before heading to Cindy's for the night. 

That was the plan.

It didn't happen that way.  (And that's okay.)

Both of us were running behind...but then, whose schedule were we on?  Nobody's but our own.  So, Lisa arrived and we got loaded up.  We ran to Fry's to buy something to take the taco sauce and eggs in so they would stay cold.  By the time we left town, it was 11:23.  We bopped on down the freeway and soon found a place in Buckeye to grab some grub before we motored on out west.  Where was that, one may ask.  Where else....Wienerschnitzl!  However, this one did not have a drive thru.  We went in and ordered and oh my, did they ever take a long time pulling together our orders!  We finally got back on the road at NOON.  As we cruised the 10 out to California, we had some great talks.  Lisa hauled butt down the road and we sang and laughed.  Soon, we were coming into Palm Springs.  So, we sent Cindy a picture message to tell her where we were....


She texted back a few minutes later, "Windmills!  Palm Springs!"  And so it was on...every so often we would send her a new picture and once again play the game.  I wanted to put the pictures on here, but they are so small I'd never be able to tell where they were.  We also made a little video for Cindy to kind of freak her out as we went over the bridge that she hates.  Unfortunately (or likely fortunately for her), she didn't know how to make it work.  The little game was a hoot and what a fun way to pass the time!

Soon, we arrived at the guard house at Cindy's and within just a couple minutes, we were at her door.  The weather was so cool...and damp.  It felt so good.  It reminded me of when I was a young girl and lived in CA.  It just felt GOOD.  Lisa, on the other hand, was freezing.  Freezing to the point of feeling ill.  Luckily, Cindy had made a big pot of Pot au Feu for dinner - which was nice and hot and comforting.  After dinner, Lisa and I ran to CVS for some necessities - including a bottle of pink nail polish for me.  I found my favorite brand - OPI - for $8.50 a bottle.  Uh, what?  And...they didn't even have the color of pink I wanted.  I wanted this pink...


But all they had was a soft pink.  Oh well.  I guess it all works the same, right?  Wrong.  The particular color of pink I had to buy did not go on well.  It took 3 coats to cover my nail and even then, it looked gloppy.  I wonder if I can take it back....

So we got home, watched some tv and I headed for bed.  Tomorrow is the day we all go to dress Wendy.  I can't wait to see the rest of my cousins!  And...Melon Man arrives tomorrow!  Drive safe, baby!  Love you!

No comments: