Saturday, January 16, 2010

You Decide. No, You Decide. I Don't Know...You Decide. Fine.

This morning I got up at 3:30 with Melon Man and started to get ready for the day.  I wanted to be to work by 5 AM but I got side-tracked reading blogs and the like so I didn't get there until 6.  It was early and quiet and I like that.  Nobody was in our portion of the building so there were no distractions.  I worked and worked and worked but it still took me 12 hours to finish all of my forecast files.  In the end, I was able to reduce our budget by $700,000.  It wasn't that I'd padded it when I did it back in July and August, it was just that we had newer, better numbers that helped drive the reductions.

I raced home to go "on a date" with Melon Man.  As I was driving home, I had him on my cell phone - hands-free, of course - and we were trying to decide what to do, where to do.  The conversation pretty much went like this:

Him:  You decide.
Me:  No, you decide.
Him:  I don't know, you decide.
Me:  Fine.

So, I swung by the house, honked, and he came out and jumped in the truck.  That's right, I didn't even go up to the door.  Or meet the family.  We just drove to Red Robin (oh, yay.) and ate dinner.  We were then going to go to Best Buy to look at cameras because I want to buy a new point and shoot, but by the time we were done eating I was too tired.  It had been an extremely long day and I honestly didn't feel like wandering around a store and having every person in a blue shirt attack me.  So, we headed home. 

All of a sudden, I panicked.  I was supposed to hook up with my friend, Casey, tonight to do some scrapbooking/crafting!  I raced home, again, and sure enough, she'd called twice checking to see if we were still on.  I got ahold of her and we worked out the details.  When she arrived, we visited for a little bit and then we scrapbooked until 12:30 a.m.  It was nice getting together with a friend and crafting a bit.  I didn't realize how much I've missed doing it the last four years and I didn't realize how much I missed having a friend over to do it with.  I think the time together was good for both of us.  We'll have to do it again soon!

No comments: