Thursday, July 1, 2010

End of the Week Update

Oh my...It's the first day of July!  Where on earth has time gone? 

Trying to get back into blogging is hard once you stop.  I had finally gotten all caught up and then I fell off the wagon again.  So, here goes...a short little post about the week.

Monday - Worked.  Still didn't feel 100% back to normal, but felt well enough to FORCE myself out of bed at 4:30 a.m. and to work by 6:30 so I could be there for my Monday morning Ohio staff meeting.  Yeah, that lasted all of 10 minutes...I could have called in from home!  By about the 9 a.m. though, my back was killing me again.  I think I have a kidney infection, not a kidney stone.  So, once I got home, it was glass after glass of cranberry juice.

Tuesday - Worked.  Feeling about 95% better today.  Pain in my back is gone.  I'm sure that it was a kidney infection of sorts from being so dehydrated last week.  It was super hot today...good thing our A/C is fixed!  When I walked out of work this afternoon, it was so hot I was surprised that what little hydration I did have in my body didn't automatically dissipate!

Finally have my appetite back...darn, actually. Went out to dinner at Chili's with Melon Man and used part of our gift card from Curtis back at Christmas. Had the Quesadilla Explosion salad. Yeah, kind of tasteless this time. Bummer. We stopped at McDonald's on the way home and got an ice cream cone (for me) and sundae (for him) for dessert.

Wednesday - Worked.  Worked until about 6:30 or so.  Since I planned on taking tomorrow off, I knew I had a lot to do before I could.  Plus, a bunch of month-end stuff HAD to be taken care of so we could close the P&L so I made sure my portions were on track.

Today - Worked LATE.  Worked until 10:00.  That was a long day.  I've really been trying not to do that anymore, but again, since I am off tomorrow, I knew I had to get a number of things done.  There were two things that just were not looking right and I couldn't quite put my finger on what exactly was wrong since both were completely new to me.  But, in the end, one ended up being right and then other wasn't and I was really glad I caught that one!  If I hadn't, it would have meant $75,000 being over-accrued.  Not a good thing.  (Luckily, I was the one that caught it, not the one who did it.)

So, tomorrow is day 1 of my 4 day weekend.  I'm really glad.  I have a bunch of things to work on so I need some additional time.  More on that in the new few days.

Oh, and Jen sent more pictures of Taylor on Trek, along with a picture of how the water bottles turned out that she and I worked on for girls camp. 

Doesn't he just look so cute?  However...since when did the pioneers have sunglasses?

Taylor's friend, McKenna broke her foot just 3 days before Trek.  She had worked really hard to be prepared to go.  Luckily, there was a special handcart that she was able to ride in.  Taylor and his friend Gavin pulled her the entire way.  What a special friendship they have!  I'm sure it was a memory none of them will ever forget.

Taylor is the tall one pulling the cart.  McKenna is, of course, the one in the wheelchair cart, and her parents, Bishop and Sister Floyd and in the back of the cart.  I bet the pioneers wished they'd had those camels full of water on all of their backs too!

This is one of the 325 water bottles that Jennifer ordered.  Yep, that's our design on it that we collaborated on.  Cute, huh!  If I were one of the girls at camp, I would love it!  But, that's probably because I'm pretty partial to my creations.

So, that's been my week.  So glad tomorrow is Friday and I can sleep in a little bit before getting up to meet Melon Man for breakfast. I come!  Yum-o-la!


Jennifer said...

Love your new blog look! You are so talented! It was actually Tido's friend Gavin who helped pull McKenna. And love, love, love the water bottles. They are awesome! Thanks to you sissy!

Cindy said...

Cute Taylor.
Cute water bottles.
Cute blog look.
Ditto on Jenn's comment: you are so talented!