Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Single Raindrop

As I was driving to work today, it was a very humid, hot, and cloudy morning.  Surely my hair would instantly turn into a frizz ball...which it did.

I love the summer here only for one reason - the monsoon storms.  I look forward to them every year.  The thunder, the lightning, the torrential rains...I love all of it.

This morning, I wondered if we would get some rain FINALLY.  As I drove down Bell Road, I stared out into the eastern sky.  Suddenly, there it was.  A single raindrop on my windshield!


Ooh!  I got so excited that I just had to whip out the camera.  Would the skies finally unleash their power and drop some rain on us?  I pleaded and pleaded....please, please, let it rain!  Did it?

NO!

Again, we were teased and again no rain.  How much more must I endure?  I'm sure that we will get a big storm while I am in Chicago next week.  That ALWAYS happens to me.  Happened last year, will probably happen this year.  It's just my luck.

No comments: