Monday, March 7, 2011

Taking a Break

Do you ever wonder what it would be like to change jobs for just a little while?  You love what you do, but you just need a break?  Well, that has FINALLY hit me.  I have been in my current position for the last 6 years.  I LOVE MY JOB.  I REALLY do.  But, I just need a break.  I need a break from the long hours, a break from all the problems that it seems nobody else can solve, and a break to find the happy Fatty Girl again.  Again, don't get me wrong, I REALLY DO LOVE MY JOB and I'm so grateful for it.  But, when a job just isn't "fun" anymore, it's time to move on to something else - at least for a little while. 

There are other reasons, too, but I won't go into them here.  It's not important what they are.  What IS important though, is ME.  And I'm glad that I finally have come to realize that.  When you find that your smile has disappeared, your health isn't what it should be, you miss being able to do the things that you love because you're too tired, and you just look forward to seeing the sunshine because you haven't seen it in 6 years, you know its time for a change.

So...that's what I did.  I recently interviewed for a new position and was offered the job.  No pay increase.  No promotion.  Just a new opportunity to do something new and to learn something new.  And...I am excited!  It is something completely out of my span of knowledge, but I will be able to use my other skills to hopefully make this project succeed.  It's a huge project and I'm up to the task!  Plus...hopefully, I'll be back to just 40 hours a week!

Someday I'll move back to Finance.  Right now, though, I know this is where I need to go and I'm okay with that.

3 comments:

The Asper's said...

That's really awesome. I hope that you do go to 40hrs! I hope you're having a better week.

Jennifer said...

Good for you! You CAN do anything! You are the bomb!

Cindy said...

That is exciting. Good for you. When do you make the switch? How did your boss feel about it?