Sunday, November 6, 2011

It's Blog Book Time!

I spent Saturday doing something for me.  No chores.  No laundry.  No YW lesson.  Just a few errands and the bulletin.  And...just something for me.  I worked on my 2009 Blog book!  It's coming along...slowly, but surely.

When I did my first blog book, I had only been blogging for 3 months, but I knew that I wanted each book to be a calendar year, so that book ended up only being about 80+ pages.  I learned a lot doing that first book.  I learned so much that my second book ended up being about 240-250 pages!  Sure, it helped that I blogged for an entire year for the 2008 book, but still...I learned how to do more things graphically.

Now, I'm working on my 2009 book and boy, is it different!  When I first "slurped" it into the bookmaking program, it was about 320 pages.  But, now that I'm halfway through the year and I've edited it so it showcases certain pictures, etc., it's already up to about 380 pages...and like I said, I'm only about 1/2 way through the year!  Argh!  The maximum number of pages you can do in these books is 440, so I will probably end up having to do two books of similar size.  I'm okay with that.  I'd rather they not break because they are too big.  I guess we'll see.  I have only until the November 30th to get it done in order to get the 20% discount, so I need to keep crackin' at it.

The other thing that is so different this time is that I am doing white text on black pages instead of black text on white pages.  I REALLY love the look and it really goes along with what I wrote in the preface.  It's just more time consuming because I have to work in the regular view and then change the view to the white on black when I'm done reviewing the page.  Just easier.

So...that's what I did yesterday.  And, I loved it.  And it was nice to get some "me" time for once finally.  And I plan on doing that again soon...I hope.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Awesome! Don't know when I'll get to my next one.

Good Job--