Wednesday, June 27, 2012

T Minus 12 Hours

Four a.m. comes mighty early.  But, I am up for it.  Tomorrow I leave for Girls Camp.  I am excited.  I am nervous.  I am uncertain.  But, I am certain that this is where Heavenly Father wants me this week.  I have finished up the little goodies for our cabin girls.  I have finished the frosted glass cabin lanterns.  I have finished the beads for our cabin girls and my own personal beads to share.  Melon Man went and bought me a compass and a poncho, along with a new camp chair this morning. Then he wandered around the house gathering things I needed - just in case - and put them all in a knapsack for me.  So cute of him.  I just have to pack my clothes and such still, after doing a couple loads of laundry.  Goal:  Be packed, ready to go, and in bed by 9:30.

I have been listening to spiritual music all day to get my mind ready for the spiritual uplift I know will come this week.  I hope I can make it without bawling this week.  On Sunday, we were practicing the song we will be singing at camp as a group - Lightkeeper, by Jenny Phillips - and I had to fight back the tears - like I'm doing as I write this.  Life is so hard in the world now.  The challenges our youth face are incredible and those who choose to continue following the Savior's way will be the ones who end up actually having a much easier time in their life.  I hope these girls will come to understand this and will choose the right.  If these girls will keep the Light in them, others will want to know what that light is and if they share that Light, maybe this world can turn around a bit.

I am truly grateful that I am finally able to be part of the Young Women program and go to camp with them.  I know it will be a great experience and will give me the opportunity to bond with the girls - both those from my ward, but also from other wards.  I do hope it cools down some though...it's supposed to right around 100* each day.  That will be really hard on me with my aversion to the heat and the ease of which I get heat stroke.

On another note, I was able to do a couple of batches of indexing...

2 comments:

Shelli Clark said...

Have a fabulous time! The one time I went as a leader was the best. I hope your ward/stake has a better camp program than we have here. Would love to talk to you sometime...loads to tell you. Love ya!

Cindy said...

Have a wonderful time. Christine left for girls camp this morning.