Sunday, February 17, 2013

Dylan's Ordination and My Birthday Weekend

This weekend we flew up to Utah for Dylan's ordination to the Priesthood.  It was really cool because it was also my birthday and his the following day.  Jennifer met up with us for some lunch once we checked in at the hotel.  Then, she and I went and ran some errands and I picked up a new hair dryer and flat iron at the beauty supply store.  Later that evening, we had plans to go to Z Tejas for my birthday dinner.  We even had reservations and were going to take Dad along with us.  But, I have been really sick and just did not feel like dealing with driving downtown to a place I'd never been so we called and cancelled.  Instead, we went across the street from our hotel and had pizza.  Jennifer, Dad, and Kurt joined us.  Kurt was just getting off work so he popped in.  It was a small birthday dinner, but that was just fine with me because I felt like crap.

After dinner, we went back to the hotel and visited.  Jen left, then Kurt left.  Dad was still there when all of a sudden the phone rang - at 10:30 p.m. - and it was the front desk telling me that I had a delivery.  At 10:30 p.m.?  I went down and it was a cake and balloon.  But I had no idea who it was from, nor would the clerk at the front desk tell me.  I was so full from dinner that we just put it in the fridge and saved it for the next day.  Dad left and we went to bed.

The next day, we met up with Kurt's family at the trampoline place where Dylan had decided he wanted to go for his birthday.  The kids had a fun time jumping on the trampolines and I grabbed just a couple pictures.



Dylan went home with his parents and took his friend home.  Melon Man wanted to go downtown.  We decided to go to The Garden restaurant for lunch with Dolly and Scooter.  It wasn't that great.  But, it was fun being with the kids.


It was pretty funny...we ordered one dessert for all of us so we could each have a bite.  Scooter ate like 3/4 of it!  Melon Man, was like, hey, where's my dessert??!!??
At 5 pm the whole fam damily met up at Texas Roadhouse for our birthday dinner.  My meal was an experience, to say the least.

We left the restaurant to head for our hotel.  Taylor decided to ride with us.  As we're cruising down the Bangerter at about 55 miles an hour, all of a sudden there is my youngest brother, Aubie, next to us, challenging us to a race.  Okay, wait...really?  So, here is Melon Man with a Dodge Charger and next to us is Aubie in his little sedan car.  The thing is, though, is that Aubie can drive.  And, he can haul butt.  But, this rental car...yeah, it's got a 370 horsepower Hemi V8 in it.  And so...they were off!  Aubie, Melon Man, back and forth, back and forth.  And then, all of a sudden, Melon Man asks Taylor, want to see this car go? And Taylor says...yes!  That was it.  Within the blink of an eye practially, we pulled away and we were GONE!  That car hit 90 miles an hour like nothing!  He didn't even try.  It was just fast.  Aubie was left in the dust.  I finally told Melon Man to slow down.  Don't need a ticket!  We never saw Aubie again until he arrived at the hotel.

We all got to the hotel and the kids swam.  I wanted to swim with them, but I just didn't dare because I'd been sick and didn't want to get worse.




I love watching these kiddos.  I miss them.  I miss seeing them grow up.

After we were done swimming, we all went up to our room and we celebrated birthdays with cake.  It was so much fun.

There was one point where I looked over at our bed and this is what I saw.  I just had to take a picture of it!
Love, love, love this picture. It's Dylan, Breanna, Jonah, Noah, and Ari crashed out in our bed. How sweet is it that these cousins love each other so much that they all just hang like that?!??!

The ordination was very nice and we had a nice little luncheon at Colton and Shannon's house on Sunday afternoon.  Then, Melon Man and I left in our hot car and headed back to the airport to head home.  I love my family.  It's hard to leave.

No comments: