Friday, April 12, 2013

Getting Close to the Top!

On my way home from work tonight, I decided to swing by the temple really quick and check out the progress.  Luckily, it's pretty much right on the way home from work, so it wasn't out of the way.  The sun was almost down, and I hurried as quickly as I could, but by the time I got there, it was too dark to take a picture, so I just looked and kept driving.  But, these pictures were taken earlier in the day by the Simonsons, who take a lot of pictures for the LDSchurchtemples.com/phoenix website.

Essentially, there are just the top two sections and the spire left!  Those are small sections, so I would suppose they will be done before I get back from Ohio next week.  Here is a picture of what it's supposed to look like when it's done for comparison...
One thing I did notice today is that before they put all the concrete walls up, it sure didn't seem very big.  Tonight though, it seemed GINORMOUS!  I couldn't get over how large it seemed.  There is also electricity on inside now.  It was a little lit up this evening.  They haven't installed any windows yet, but I'm sure that will come soon so they can use A/C once it starts getting really hot in the summer.  

I cannot wait until it's done!  I'm so excited to be able to go to the temple now a LOT more frequently!

No comments: