Friday, June 28, 2013

Taylor's Temple Day

We flew up to Utah today to be with Taylor as he went to the Oquirrh Mountain temple to receive his endowments.  It was such a wonderful day!

I picked up Melon Man at his work, then we booked it to the airport.  After some shuffling of departure gates (due to me not checking the boards when we got TO the airport rather than just before we headed to the airport), we finally took off.  The clouds today were exceedingly fluffy and beautiful!





We, luckily, got upgraded to first class so it was great that we were able to jump right off the plane, and quickly grab our hunk of junk rental car, head to the hotel to check in, freshen up a bit, then head to the temple without feeling rushed.


It was really neat because neither Melon Man, nor I, had ever been to this temple.  It was so beautiful inside!  So simple and elegant.  So "me."  I loved it.  I found Jennifer and got the name cards that she's been doing some work for us on and picked one for me to do the work for today.  It was Emma, one of three sisters.  She had Phoebe.  Angie got Mary, their mother.  And, I'm not sure who got Eliza.  When I took Emma's card, I had an overwhelming rush of emotion come over me.  I knew she was there with us and was happy this day had finally arrived for her.  And I was so grateful that I was able to keep the promise I made to these three sisters that I would get their work done.  (Post note from Jennifer:  Our neighbor and dear friend, Kristin Perry had Eliza's name. She is one of the most wonderful and talented people I know. She was also Taylor's mom on trek. She and her husband have been very awesome leaders to Taylor throughout our time here in Harvest Hills. She was the perfect person to share the sisterhood of these sisters with that day. I was honored to have Phoebe's name and felt her presence and happiness.)

We waited until it was time for us to go to the chapel and then we went and waited for the session to start.  What a glorious afternoon it was - so many people from Taylor's life there with our family.  So many family members.  So many spirits from the other side.  My heart was incredibly full.  I was so glad we were able to be there.

Afterward, Jonah, Colton, and Shannon met us outside (along with McKenna and Courtney Floyd, the neighbor girls just two doors down from Jen's house).  I was happy that McKenna came and showed her support for Taylor.  None of his other friends were there.  It's during times like this and when he had cancer that she has stood (or sat) by his side.  Those are the kinds of friends we all should have.  I wish I would have been able to get a picture of the two of them together.


Ugh, I still look ginormous.
We took these pictures with Tato Bug and then all of the adults and Taylor's family went to Santa Monica pizza for dinner.  It was fun to be there with everyone.  After that, we went to Colton and Shannon's to play games and visit, then we headed to our hotel.

What a great day and lots of fun memories!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Our neighbor and dear friend, Kristin Perry had Elzia's name. She is one of the most wonderful and talented people I know. She was also Taylor's mom on trek. She and her husband have been very awesome leaders to Taylor throughout our time here in Harvest Hills. She was the perfect peron to share the sisterhood of these sisters with that day. I was honored to have Phoebe's name and felt her presence and happiness.
We are so grateful you and Clint were able to come and that you are so supportive of your neices and nephews. We love and appreciate you so much!
And...the wind was totally blowing your shirt up. It doesn't even reflect how you really look. You are looking super awesome and we are so proud of you!

Lisa Tucker said...

I loved all the pictures. And you look awesome!! You are in inspiration.

Leslie said...

Miss Kristin the first thing u lose is always in the face and I can definitely see it. So proud of you I need to know what u r doing keep it up girl u r looking fabulous.