Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Have a "New" Church Calling

So last night, just as we were walking out the door to go have dinner with Richard and Denise at Ah-So, the phone rings...with no name attached to the number. I just knew it was the bishop, and, it was. He asked to see me this morning just before church. All night I wondered what about - what calling was in store for me? What callings were open in the ward? Deep inside of me, I KNEW what it was going to be. I didn't want it though! I just wanted to lay low for a while, get to know people, be calling-less for a while.

I guess the Lord thought differently. The first thing the bishop says to me is, "This calling comes from the Lord." Nothing like pressure, bish. Okay, go on....

Yes, I was once again being called to be the Home, Family, and Personal Enrichment Leader. Uh, did nobody check with my last ward to know that I had just been released from that calling (and by my own request, no less)? I told the bishop all of this and he just looked at me with a look of okay, yeah (but in a nice way). I guess this calling is what I'm supposed to do for now. I don't know why. Maybe someday I'll find out.

Oh, and I was called to serve on the Activities Committee...yeah, another of my not-so-favorite callings, but I'll do it because I was asked to.

I'm actually excited though to do HFPE again. I learned a lot from the first time. I'll do it better the second time. I sat there all through Sacrament Meeting thinking about it and what I want to do to make it better. Hopefully it will all work out! Oh, and speaking of HFPE, I've finally updated my Super Saturday post with pictures...

No comments: