Wednesday, December 3, 2008

O Christmas Tree!

I've been thinking about how much I detest my Christmas tree that I've had for the last 15 years. I (we) got it shortly after moving to Arizona and it's been a good tree for a long time. But, as Lisa keeps telling me, it is associated with all the prior years and it's time for it to go. I finally believed her. I finally felt maybe I should look for a new one. Plus, with having bought the new dining room furniture, we had to put the loaded buffet in the spot where the tree usually goes so now there is nowhere to put the normal fat tree.

So, on Monday I stopped off at Walmart, Home Depot, and Lowes to see if I could find an affordable and nice new pencil/slim tree. I found one that I fell in love with at Lowes, but it was $300 and even with the 25% off sale, it was still $225 without tax. That was just too much for me right now. I asked when the 50% sale was coming and was told to check back next week. Well, the next day C and I were watching a tv show and a Lowes commercial came on and the sale was now 50% off! We ran over and got the tree right away! I had just enough gift cards to cover the entire new price of the tree! All the rest of the decorations were 50% off too, so we grabbed a couple of boxes of additional ornaments too.

Hopefully this new tree will inspire me to hurry and get it up and decorated. I've never put a tree up this late in the season...but it just doesn't feel like Christmas this year....

No comments: