Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Feeling a Little Better

Wow. That sucked. Another migraine yesterday. Got home at 4 (see last post) and went straight to bed. Didn't eat dinner. Didn't watch my favorite shows. Didn't even say anything other than "Hi" to C. Didn't even get up to use the tinkletorium until 11:30 p.m. and even then went straight back to bed. Got up at 4:30 this morning. Another 12-1/2 hours of sleep - real sleep this time - hard sleep. Luckily, this time, no real residual migraine. Functioning at about 95%. Thank goodness. I hoped it would stay that way......

....didn't look like it would though.....

I was getting ready to put on my makeup for work this morning and at 5:52 a.m. the phone rang. It was Work - actually it was our Notifind system alerting me that I needed to get on an emergency phone call. I thought, oh great, here we go with this pig flu stuff. Nope. Our ENTIRE network was down. Now, for some companies, not a big deal. You have, oh, 100 people that can't work for an hour or two. Woo hoo. Not us. When I say the entire network was down, I mean the ENTIRE network was down. TEN THOUSAND employees unable to work. Four call centers unable to receive or make calls. Internet sites down. Email down. Blackberries down. EVERYTHING down! Okay - wait - at least the "money machine" (the card authorization system) wasn't down. Still - EVERYTHING (else) was down! This was going to be one long day. Here it was - 6 a.m. and apparently everything had been down since 1:30 a.m. (some time zone - still unsure which) - and we're just NOW! finding out about this?!?!? Oh man, not good.

Long story short...after MANY conference calls throughout the day (once the phones were back online), things improved. But, it was a long day.


On an upbeat note...one that I am SO excited about...my good friend Sharon Parham emailed me today and said that she and her family are planning on moving back to AZ and will be here this weekend and want to meet up. I'm so very excited to see her and to have her move back! Such good memories!!!

No comments: