Friday, November 13, 2009

I Went Back to Work Today

The magic pills seem to be helping.  I was able to go back to work today and I only had to go to the restroom once.  That was a miracle compared to the first two days this week where I was going every 75 to 90 minutes.

It was a draining day for me and I would have loved to have just stayed home and rested, but it is year-end for us and I really needed to be there.  I tried to take it easy, but by evening when I finally left at 6 pm, I was spent.  It took everything I had to just walk out to my truck in the far parking lot. 

Before I took care of Jennifer after her hysterectomy in September, I often wondered why it took so long to recover from such a surgery.  I have always been one to just push forward and "deal" with the pain or whatever.  I had thought that by a week after surgery that one should be up and moving pretty well.  I learned with Jennifer, that it just doesn't happen like that.  And now, even though I haven't had surgery, but I've lost a LOT of blood this week, that it just takes it out of you.  I feel like my lifeforce is gone (duh...blood kind of IS your lifeforce silly!). 

I came home and just kind of collapsed into a heap for a bit.  Melon Man got home and was like, "have you fed the dogs yet?" and I just was like, "no, I'm too exhausted to even do that."  (But I did do it a few minutes later.)

I really want to sleep in tomorrow and just get some rest.  We'll see how that goes....

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm glad you were able to get some things done before you have to travel and Julie gets there. But take good care of yourself too. You are important to so many people! I'm glad you got some much needed rest so you can recuperate.