Friday, November 6, 2009

Thankful for Fridays


It is 1:40 p.m. and I am home from work.  On a Friday.  Really.  On a Friday.  Unbelievable.

Usually, it is 7 or 8 p.m. before I leave work on Fridays.  I always seem to be the last one to leave on Fridays.  Why?  It just works out that way.  Well, not this week.  I am tired.  I am worn out.  I left at 12:30.  And, I was glad to do it. 

Now, I am home.  Home, where I love to be.  Home, where Melon Man is.  Home, where Dog is.  Home, where there is peace. 

A lot of my peers at work do WAH (work at home) days, but I just don't.  I would rather stay late and finish up work than bring work of any sort into my home.  My home is my fortress.  My home is peaceful, even when it's not.  My home is my sanctuary from constant phone calls, constant interruptions, constant issues, constant, constant, constant anything.  I find peace and solace here.  I don't want to bring that other stuff here, so I don't.

But it is Friday, the weekend will end up being too short, so I'm off to actually try to accomplish some stuff while I actually have the energy to do it.  We're going to finally put away all the food storage we've secured this year.  Finally.

I am SO GRATEFUL for Fridays.  It's the opener to my "quiet time."

1 comment:

Angela said...

Yay for Fridays! I love them too! Saturdays and Mondays are usually the only time my family gets to see Kurt. He is going to a baptism in the morning, but then he will be home all day! Yay!!!!