Friday, January 15, 2010

I Thought You Weren't Going to Work More than 40 Hours Anymore

I spent all morning working on the forecast.  I got a lot done.  It helps when you close your office door.  By 1:30 pm, I was starving.  Tina was too.  Neither of us had eaten since I first got there around 7:30.  We'd just been working, working, working.  So, we decided to try the new rejunvenated Domino's pizza.  We ordered online and it soon arrived.  I scarfed down three pieces of a medium pizza and then I was out the door to my foot doctor appointment. 

He peeled off the grody growth goo stuff and rebandaged them and I was off to head back to work.  I still had too much to do on the forecast to go home.  So, back I went.  I worked a few more hours and then decided to head home and just come in tomorrow to finish up.  By the time I left for the day, I was up to 50 hours for the week and I still had tomorrow to add to that.  I had made a conscientious decision at the beginning of the year that I was NOT going to work more than 40-42 hours a week from now on.  I don't get paid enough to keep working longer than everyone else and sacrificing my health, sanity, family, and home.  But, as much as I have tried so far this year, it's still not working out that way.  I just have to keep working at it, I guess.  I'm already at 50 hours now for the week and I still have tomorrow left.

I drove home in the dark, again.  Melon Man had purchased some italian sausages from the deli and he cooked them on up for us on the BBQ.  Yum, yum.  He had to be to work by 5 and I wanted to be to work by then as well as to get the day over with early, so off we went to bed around 10:30. 

Side Note:  Auntie Sigie and Uncle Ward came and picked up Rosie today.  We've had him for about 3 weeks.  He's been so cute and good.  Apparently, he fell in his water dish today and got soaked.  I remember when CrackerJax used to do that.  They look like little drowned rats.  I took this picture of me and Rosie one day....I thought it was quite cute (at least of Rosie)!  He was singing to me.

No comments: