Friday, March 26, 2010

My Eyes! My Eyes!

As it is getting later and later into the year, the sun is coming up earlier and earlier.  In one way, it's nice because on those days where I work a really long day, it's light when I go in and it's light (somewhat) when I come home.  This morning, as I was driving to work at 6:30 a.m., this is what I saw.  It was a lovely dawn with an overwhelming bright sun to shine in my face the entire way to work.  Squint, squint. 

(I just had to capture this picture - I thought the light was great, even if the sun is kind of blurry - and the line of cars just tells the story.  Sorry the picture's not better - but what can one expect when the photographer is trying to drive at the same time they are taking a picture?!?!)
Don't get me wrong.  I love the sun and am so grateful for it.  But, it's just really hard to drive into its bright light every morning.  It kind of actually sucks the life out of me like the heat here does in the summer.  Once I get to work, it's a good thing I have to actually do a u-turn and head back the other direction for a couple hundred feet.  It's a small chance for my eyes to adjust and my lifeless body to rejuvenate before I head inside for the day (and possibly night)!

No comments: