Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Day with Melon Man

Melon Man and I were able to spend the day together today.  We had a fun time.  It was our last Saturday that we would be able to spend a whole day together - he's starting a new shift tonight.  We started off with breakfast at the Coral.  We each had our usual favorites.  They had blueberry pie this time and I couldn't resist having a piece.  It was so good that I didn't even get a chance to take a picture of it before I ate it!  So, this is the only picture I have of it:


After breakfast, we headed to the Re-Store store to see if we could find a couple inexpensive bathroom lighting fixtures that I could spraypaint and restore without having to pay a ton of money for new ones.  The place was odd.  It just wasn't for us.  We left pretty quickly.

After that, we went to Cabela's.  Melon Man is always saying he wants to go to Cabela's and I never want to go there, but since we were close this time, I relented and we went.  It was funny though...we weren't there more than 10 minutes and he was ready to go.  On the way out, we walked through the fish area and I tried to take some pictures, but the fishies just wouldn't sit still!


After we were done at Cabela's, we headed for home.  But, then we did something else Melon Man loves...we went yard-saling.  Sort of.  We actually just drove by a bunch and just looked to see if there may be anything worth stopping for.  Nope.  So, we went home.

Tonight Melon Man starts working the graveyard shift.  I'm not too sure how I feel about that.  I will miss him being with me at night.  I will not be able to see him that much during the week.  But, this is a change that will likely be good for us.  We won't be able to go out to eat very often so that will save us money.  We will have to cook dinner at home all the time now, so that will help us eat more healthy food.  We'll see how it goes...

No comments: