Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanks for Giving

What a lovely Thanksgiving day it has been!  We were able to sleep in a bit, then have a small homemade breakfast, then mozy on over to Lisa's for dinner.  I made my cranberry-pecan-pineapple-apple jello salad (recipe below) last night and it turned out just beautifully today.  However, I broke one of my favorite platters when I was getting it out of the hutch today.  Bummer.  Oh well, it was just a thing.


Lisa's tables are always so beautiful.  I've learned a lot about dressing a table from her.  She inspires me to try different things and spurs my creativity to mix and match although I certainly am not as good at it as she is.  This table was beautiful!  (Including the plastic bottles of seltzer water!)




We had a really nice dinner - a really good turkey, yummy stuffing with sausage in it, rolls, gravy, mashed potatoes, yams, red cabbage (which I actually ate about 1/2 cup worth!), cucumber salad, and "greasy beans."  There was also pumpkin pie, cherry pie, peach pie, and pecan pie.  It was lovely just sitting around the dining room table talking for about two hours after we ate.  Good times.

Now, the next holiday dinner will be Christmas Eve at our house.  Ooooh....I can't wait!

Cranberry-Pecan-Pineapple-Apple Salad
(From kraftfoods.com and modified to fit my allergy)


1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple in juice
2 pkg. (3 oz each) JELL-O Raspberry Gelatin
1 can (16 oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
2/3 cup chopped pecan pieces
1 granny smith apple, chopped

Drain pineapple, reserving juice.  Add enough water to juice to measure 2-1/2 cups; pour into saucepan.  Bring to a boil.  Pour over gelatin mixes in large bowl; stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved.  Stir in pineapple, cranberry sauce, pecans, and apple.  Either spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin cups or into a Jell-O mold of your choice.  Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.  Remove from mold or liners before serving.

No comments: