Saturday, July 23, 2011

Have Migraine, Will Travel

I know...I've been missing in action on my blog lately. This week has been a killer. I worked 72 hours this week prepping for the fact that I will be gone next week on vacation.

I left work at 1:30 a.m. this morning, stopped off at Whataburger for some very late dinner, came home, started some laundry, finished the program for church, emailed it off to the bishop, packed up some of the stuff to go in the truck in the morning, and at 4 a.m. I was still waiting for some laundry to finish so I could hang it to dry and then go lay down for an hour or two before we headed out for Utah.  It was about 5 a.m. when I went to lay down. I was supposed to leave at 6:30 to pick Melon Man up from work and drop off dog at the kennel, but since I didn't get off work in time to take him to work, he had to drive himself, and so we just had to leave from home instead of from his work.

Melon Man called shortly after I went to bed around 5 this morning.  When I told him I'd just gone to bed, he said to just keep sleeping and we would finish packing when he got home.  So, back off to la-la land I went.

About 7:45, he got home and he let me sleep just a little longer.  Around 8:15, I got up, got in the shower, and I finished packing.  By 9:15 we were on our way to drop Dog off at the Petshotel.  By 10:00, we were on the highway and heading up the road.  But, no sooner had we gotten on the highway, did I start to notice splotches in my vision.  Yep, a migraine was on it's way.  Dang.  Just what I didn't need.  I had meds, but no liquid to taken them with.  We continued up the road, me closing my eyes and just trying to get it to go away.  Finally, when we got to Cordes Junction, we pulled into McDonalds for some grub and beverage.  Meds down the hatch and away.

Back on the freeway we went.  I finished eating my breakfast and then covered my eyes with a napkin and my sunglasses.  Melon Man thought it was quite funny looking and snapped a picture (which will NOT be showing up on this blog).  Off to sleep, I went.  Poor Mr. Melon Man...he had just worked all night and now he was having to drive the entire way to Utah without my help.  I felt really bad, but the migraine just wouldn't go away.  There was no way I would be able to drive with a migraine.  I slept off and on the whole way.  I felt so much like crap that I didn't even take any pictures the whole way!

We finally pulled into Jen's driveway around 8:30 p.m.  They were just finishing gathering chairs for the party and arranging them in the backyard.  We sat and visited, among the mosquitos, and watched the tons of fireworks that were going on all around us.  In Utah, July 24th is Pioneer Day.  It's almost as big a holiday as Independence Day.  And this year, the people there are able to buy aerial fireworks for the first time so needless to say...there were a lot of them!

Soon, we went in and went to bed.  Jen had prepared a nice space for us in the basement, so we headed down, got situated, got a fan blowing on us, and off we went to sleep.


I am really tired. I am physically exhausted and worn out. I left it open that I may come in to work next Thursday and Friday, but I just don't think I will. I really need to get some rest or else I'm going to get sick.

No comments: