Saturday, August 27, 2011

It's a Party!

Lisa asked me to help her design some invitations for her dad's 80th birthday party.  I was glad to do so!  I ended up getting up around 3:30 this morning to let Little Dog out and then I couldn't go back to sleep (my body had had it's normal 4 hours of sleep by then) so I came into the office to get a headstart on them.  By 5 a.m., I was ready to go back to sleep, so I did.

Melon Man let me sleep for a while, then woke me up when the sausage gravy and biscuits were ready.  Yum!  He always does a good job at making that!

Lisa arrived around 9:30 or so and we began tweaking the invitations.  Around 11:15, we sent them off to Sams Club to be printed.  In the meantime, Dave and Linda surprised us and showed up.  We continued to work on printing the envelopes and then Linda and Lisa headed out to Sams and I worked on the designing some other pieces of the invitation.  Linda and Lisa came home and then Dave and Melon Man finally headed out to Cabela's to play. 

I was the designer/printer and Lisa was the production staff.  She would fold and stuff all the envelopes...

When we were just two envelopes from the end, Lisa noticed something was wrong.
When she had been stuffing the envelopes with the guts, she hadn't been matching up return envelopes to outgoing envelopes!  So, everyone's return envelope has someone else's name on it!  We opened my/our invitation and yep, sure enough...
We cracked up laughing like crazy!  We couldn't stop.  Here we'd tried so hard to make sure everything was perfect and then that happened - oh, along with having to change the time for the party on the invite AFTER they were already printed.
Oh well, we stuck a little label on the back of the envelope telling folks to just go ahead and send back their memory page in the envelope anyway.  We hope people will get it and think it's as funny as we did.

Around 4, everyone left and I went to work on the bulletin for tomorrow.  I printed it off and wouldn't you know...something just had to happen and it printed page 1 on both page 1 and page 2!  Well, drat, can't use those copies!  So, I had to print them again.

Next, I worked on my talk for tomorrow.  Yes, I have to speak tomorrow.  Not really the best week to have to do it, but oh well, whatcha gunna do?  So, I worked on that until 1:30 in the morning, then I prepared my young women lesson.  I crawled into bed around 3/3:30 and set my alarm for 6:30.  We'll see how it goes....


Cindy said...


Linda Lu said...

So funny! Glad I was able to see the look on Lisa's face when she realized what had happened.