Sunday, September 9, 2012

Our Anniversary

Today is our 7 year wedding anniversary!  I can't believe how fast this time has gone by.  I've now been married to Melon Man more than half of the time I was married to Mr. Spock.  It sure seems like a lot less, that's for sure.  I guess that's what happens when your marriage is built on the right principles, you aren't hiding secrets, and you don't have problems like he/we did.  So, Happy 7th Anniversary baby!  Love you!

Since our anniversary landed on a Sunday, we decided to celebrate yesterday instead.  We started off by going out for breakfast at ... where else ... The Coral.  It was nice to just sit there and talk with each other about the last 7 years and how it's been such a happier time for both of us.

Next, we went and got Melon Man's hair cut.  We went to a barber shop not too far from our house and who just happened to be there?  Gayla.  I used to visit teach her.  Melon Man has been going to her shop for a while...I just didn't really realize it.  So...pics from that...
I gave explicit instructions of how I wanted his hair cut.  He always comes home with it either too short or they forget to shave the sporadic hairs on the top of his head or they leave the top/side line too long.  Plus, he never asks them to trim his Larry Hagman eyebrows or his ear hair or his goatee.  So, I was sure to instruct her on what he needed done.  It ended up being shorter than I really wanted, but it still looked good.  He sure had a lot of gray...I guess being married to me will do that to ya.

After we left the barber shop, we stopped off at Fry's and I picked up a cake I had ordered.  I had requested a sour cream chocolate cake with a banana and pudding filling with whipped cream frosting with fall color flowers.  The cake ended up being a disappointment.  It ended up being dry, just regular chocolate (even though it looks dark and rich in the picture - it's not), very little pudding and bananas, and the fall colors?  Well, I can see two orange flowers.  The rest is pastel.  Huh?  I should have suspected it wouldn't turn out right - the chickadee called me back to ask me what a basketweave design was.  Really?  Guess I should have had one overnighted from Reems in Utah.  They got it right.  That wedding cake was PHENOMENAL!  The one whole piece of it that I got that day!
Later that evening, after Melon Man had slept a few hours, we went Firebirds for dinner to celebrate.  Now...Firebirds is a MEAT place.  It is a steak lover's dream.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their Chile Rubbed Delmonico steak and their ribeye steak.  Seriously, so good.  But, for Veggie Gout Girl, those are a definitely no-no.  So, I got to watch Melon Man eat a big ol' hunk o'ribeye and I ate a bowl of spiced pecan green beans, a small BLT salad minus the B, and a bowl of their Southwestern Au Gratin potatoes.  It was all delicious though, so I was good.  I was actually quite full and content and since the food was flavorful, I didn't feel too much like I was missing out.

It was a nice day with my sweetie.  I am so glad to be married to him.  He has brought me so much joy.  Here's to many, many more years with you, Sweetie.  Love you!

No comments: