Sunday, October 21, 2012

Vacation - Days 7-9 - It's Over

Well, vay-kay is over.  Where did those nine days go?  Oh, that's right...I spent 4 of them sitting on the floor of the old office/someday-will-be guest room, cleaning and shredding.  I ended up with TEN bags of criss-cross cut shred!  Oh my.  Here's what the room looks like now...

Still need to take down that last section of chair rail, clean off the top of the kennel again, and deal with those 3 small boxes in front of the closet.

This is the pile of the books we are keeping.  It is about 1/5th of what it was.

And this is the little "what do I do with this crap?" box.  I've now dealt with the TJ Maxx bag and the stuff that was in it, so that's good.
The room looks so odd with hardly anything in it.  I can't wait to prime and paint over that red wall.  I used to really love it, but not anymore.

We found out on Thursday that our community yard sale was this weekend, so we compiled everything we wanted to get rid of.  We sat out there until about 2 p.m.  We made a whole whopping twenty bucks.  Melon Man and Desert Dweller Dave took all the rest of it to D.I.  Good riddance and adios.

Linda and I hung out and relaxed until they got back.  Then, we went to Beef O'Bradys for lunner.  Now, why on earth would Gout Girl go to a place that is all about meat?  Because their onion rings are awesome!  I had a veggie bowl to eat - it was fair to good.  We had a fun time cheering for Michigan during the football game.  I've never been in a restaurant before where all of a sudden I start yelling out loud.  I guess that's what makes places like that fun...because it was!

Now...just have to finish those few little piles, clean the closet to get some of that stuff put in it, and then it will be time to prime and paint...and then cut the boards for the board and batten and soon we'll be on our way to a pretty guest room.

No comments: