Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I Can Finally See It From the Freeway!

I have complained before about how I thought that the location of the Phoenix temple was a poor location because you couldn't see it from anywhere except right where it is.  I have looked and looked as I drive down the freeway everyday, both to and from work, and have never been able to see it.  Well, tonight I was driving home and I looked off in the direction of where the temple is and just what did I see?  Yep!  The top piece of the steeple and the Angel Moroni on top!  They were peeking just above the dam.  I couldn't believe it!  I had never been able to see the temple from the freeway because all there was at the top for so long was a pole!  Now that the final two pieces are installed, you can finally see it!  Sure, you can't see a ton of it, but at least now I will be able to see it every day and that will give me peace until it is finished and I can go inside frequently. 

I really wish our current temple was closer so I cold go more often, but it's a 4 to 5 hour round trip with the session time included and the only days I have that kind of time are Saturdays and Sundays.  Since the temple isn't open on Sunday, that won't work, and I really don't like going on Saturdays because its so crowded, so I will patiently await the opening of our new temple in the Spring!

Here's a picture from the other evening that was posted on the website...beautiful!


No comments: