Saturday, October 12, 2013

1st Bi-Annual Cousins Craft Day - 2013

We started the day off around 10 a.m.  I had everyone's projects set up on a table against the wall so it was easy for them to take when they were ready for the next one.


Everyone arrived and we set up the food on the bar.



Then, as we got started, I pulled out a basket full of surprises for everyone.  I shared with them how I've been feeling very low for the last while and this little craft weekend has really helped brighten my spirits, so I wanted to thank them for that.  I ripped off my shirt and underneath it was another shirt that I had rhinestoned!  And then, I let everyone know I had one for them too!

Although Linda isn't smiling in this picture, she loved her shirt!


Of course, we had to take a group picture of all of us in our shirts!


We started off making the ghosts...Lisa and Cindy were felt cutting maniacs!  Auntie did a great job sewing the buttons and mouths on her ghosts and Cindy was all over her two sets!




Lisa helped with a lot of the painting since she didn't do as many projects as others did...



Linda was so happy with her Give Thanks door tags that she decided to wear them around!


One of my projects was this Christ is the Center of our Home plaque.  For some reason, the tape was a bugger to peel off this time, but they still turned out beautiful.


And this is the beginning of the Behold Him blocks.


I wish I had gotten more pictures of everything, but I was so busy running back and forth between inside and outside, painting, sanding, helping, laughing, etc. that I just didn't get that many.  Oh well, next time!  It's over.  Happy it's over, but sad it's over too.  Hopefully more of the cousins will be able to come in 2015!

Here are pictures of all the projects from the sample pictures we used as models...







No comments: