Thursday, November 21, 2013

I am Thankful for a Great Day!

I had a great day today!

I got to go to the endocrinologist and hear her say "You're perfect!" and "You are just glowing!" and "I noticed your weight loss when I first walked in the room!"

Wow!  I felt SO good!  Probably helped too that I was wearing my newest pair of jeans that I picked up last night - another size down!  That means I am down 4 sizes now!  I wasn't going to put my sizes out there for everyone to see, but you know...that's what keeps me accountable to myself.  I have gone from a 5X shirt to a 3X and from a size 32 pants down to a 26!  I even bought a size 24 pair of pants so I have them when I need them - hopefully soon!  As I was walking out of the store, I thought, oh my gosh...1) I haven't been this size in at least 20 years and 2) it's not all that far to a size 18, which although is still bigger than I eventually want to be, I would be happy as an 18!

So...back to my doctor's visit...

I got my test results and everything was in line...except my weight, of course, but everything else - perfect!  Uric acid - 4.2!  When I had my annual health evaluation done at work in October, it was 4.8, so it's still going down!  Sodium - right at the bottom of the acceptable range!  Glucose and A1C - within normal range.  Bilirubin - one I often worry about because of my mom's history - right at the bottom of the range!  Everything else good too!  What a great visit.  She was so happy with me!  I was happy with me - and it showed on my face!  I was like a giddy school girl!

Unfortunately, Melon Man did not get such good news.  She actually talked with before me and the first thing she said when she walked through the door was "Do you have a will?"  When he said no, she said, "You need to get one."

I'm not sure how he took that.  I think jokingly at first, but she was completely serious.  His diabetes numbers were off the chart.  He has to do a better job at handling his diabetes.  I am committed to helping him as much as I can.  He has to want to do it though too.  We talked a lot about what he eats, when, and when he takes his insulin.  He is going to wear a monitor for 3 days to see what is impacting his levels and we'll go from there.  Enough said on that.

When we got home, I got back to working and had a few conference calls.  Then, the UPS man showed up with this cute package from my sister, Jennifer.  It had 4 types of popcorn including Tigers Blood flavor, pumpkin spice, white chocolate, and sugar cookie! What a thoughtful gift just to say thanks!  I loved it!
I ended up going to bed at 8 pm because I was just so tired.  I'd only had about 2.5 hours of sleep the night before because I was trying to finish up my blog BOOKS for 2012 and get them submitted before their 20% off sale ended.  Made it just in time!  Can't wait to get them!

It's amazing what compliments can do to make a girl's day.  They just made me happy all day long and getting a fun package so unexpectedly made it even better!

No comments: