Friday, December 21, 2007

Shopping for Christmas Eve

Okay, so you may be asking why on earth I would be shopping for Christmas Eve, which was the upcoming Monday, on Friday. Well, only a very few people knew this, but we were actually going to Utah for Christmas and so we decided to have our traditional Christmas Eve on the Saturday before Christmas. (Plus, before we'd decided to go to Utah, I'd bought all this stuff for the table decor and I really wanted to use it!)

I stopped at Fry's on the way home from work and picked up the turkey, pastrami, pepperoni, and havarti cheese along with the sourdough bread and the vegetables for the clam chowder. Lisa was going to bring the rye bread from Chompies tomorrow at dinner. The store was crazy. I stood in line to check out forever. I couldn't believe how many people were there. I guess a lot of them had parties to go to that night or Saturday so they were there getting stuff.

I can't wait for Christmas Eve - either tomorrow's or the real one. I LOVE Christmas Eve!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

GLORY BE! You're finally back on the blog. I've MISSED your entries. Glad you're catching up. Can't wait to hear about all your adventures!

Love You!