Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Just thought I'd take a minute to jump on and wish everyone a Happy New Year. This is the oddest holiday to me...we get a day off of work - paid - just because it's the first day of the year. Weird. But, I'll take it. No problemo.

I thought about updating the look of my blog for the new year, but I don't have the time to do so quite yet - working on trying to pull the scraproom back together so I can actually work in it. Plus, I really love the Christmas look of it. It's sad that Christmas is already over! It seems like it takes so long for the end of the year to get here and then all of a sudden, it's the beginning of the new year already and we're heading for summer again.

We still have our lights up outside and the tree is still shining in the living room. We even left it turned on all night last night because I just didn't want the season to end on a dark room.

Hopefully I'll soon be able to get my blog updated with the rest of the entries I mentioned. But, just to let you know what we did last night...we got semi-dressed up and went to our favorite restaurant - Firebirds Rocky Mountain Grill - in Peoria for dinner. Clint had prime rib and I had the Firebirds BLT salad with steak. Yum-0-la. Clint told me his was good, but just not as good as the prime rib I made on Christmas Day at Jen's. That made me feel good. I thought our prime rib that day had turned out great too. Anyhow, after we were done with dinner, we came home and lounged on the sofa. Dog and I fell right asleep and C watched tv for a while. He woke me up as there were about two minutes left until the big ball dropped in NYC. I was so tired, that I really didn't notice. About 5 or 10 minutes afterward, we just got up and went to bed. Again...what is the purpose of this holiday?

They had prime rib on sale here for $3.88/lb before we left for Utah. Clint bought one and I bought one. I figured why not...that was a great price. It was for the large end, but that's my favorite part anyway because it's got that yummy, tender, outer ring and that's my favorite part! I put one in the oven about an hour ago. It will take longer to bake though because C didn't take it out until today and even then, his food safety monster came out in him and told him not to leave it sitting on the counter to thaw, so half of it is still frozen. Should be interesting to see how long it takes to bake! I suspect we'll be eating around 9 pm tonight.

On a much happier note...I am now the proud owner of a vinyl cutting machine!!!!!! Yeah!!!! Now I can make all those cute vinyl lettering thing-a-ma-doogies. I got a great deal on one today on eBay. I was so excited that I won it. I barely was able to make the bid though...my computer locked up and I had to reboot it, which then took 18 minutes to get to the point where I could enter a bid! I barely made it with just under 2 minutes to spare! I can't wait until it gets here!!!! Plus, it will be great for when we want to do lettering projects for HFPE.

Well, back to the SB room. I should take some before and after pictures! Maybe I will!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Happy New Year!! Love You--