Thursday, May 22, 2008

Surprise's First Movie Theater!

C and I went on a date tonight to go to the new movie theater in our town. It's an all digital theater with 14 theaters in it. Today was its opening day. It was quite busy there and there were a ton of kids. (in fact we had far too much teenage kid action where we were sitting - up, down, up down, talking, texting, burping, you get the picture).

We saw Indiana Jones and the Legend of the Crystal Skull. Personally, I didn't care for it that much - too related to aliens for me, but Clint liked it. For me, it also took a really long time to get into the story and there wasn't as much "Indy-action" as a normal Indiana Jones movie...maybe because Harrison Ford is like 246 years old now? But I think the worst part was Cate Blanchett. She was horrible. Her accent was horrible. Russians don't really sound like Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Anyhow, it was probably about a 3 out of 5 stars in my book and I'd recommend seeing it if you're okay with the whole alien belief thing. I'd just recommend waiting until you can use a pass to see it or go during the day and pay matinee price. It wasn't worth the $9.75 per person we had to pay. It WAS nice though to go on a date with my husband and have him hold my hand the whole time!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! You're back!

Love YOU!