Saturday, June 21, 2008

Produce-a-Plenty!

Today is Saturday and I was up and out of the house by 7 a.m. Today was my first time picking up my Bountiful Baskets produce co-op order. Look what I got! There were two heads of romaine lettuce, a bundle of rhubarb, a bundle of beets, a package of tiny baby carrots, a quart of strawberries, a bunch of bananas, 4 peaches, 5 apples, a cantaloupe, a bag of grapes, about 8 red potatoes, 5 yellow squash, a loaf of honey wheat bread, and a loaf of italian olive oil bread. My friend, Casey, introduced me to this co-op. I'm excited to keep trying it every two weeks. Last time, she got kale in her order and was going to make Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscano soup with it. I wish I'd gotten that in my order this week. I was so craving it! I'm not sure how to cook rhubarb and we'll have to see about the beets. C doesn't like squash either so this could be one of those weeks that it wasn't as good of a basket for us, but still, I thought it was good to get so much of a variety.

I forgot to post last week that I finally bought my Roomba that I've been wanting (see my list of "wants" on the right side of the screen). Koda leaves so much hair and dander all over the place that it's disgusting. Since we have the wood floors now, it just floats all over the place. So, I did a little research on the Roomba and we went last Saturday and bought one. It's kind of noisy so it's definitely not one of those things you leave running while you sleep, but I finally ran it for the first time today and it's doing a pretty good job so far. It's nice because when it's done cleaning it just goes "home" to its base and turns itself off. Plus, it easily goes from the wood floor to the carpet to tile. It also does pretty well at not getting tangled up in the fringe on the rugs. Take a look at this video that someone put together on YouTube:


After I was done picking up my produce, I ran over to the car wash to have my truck cleaned. I really don't like it that they always try to hit you up for a whole carpet cleaning, etc. I mean, I came in for a $19 Works wash and instead, they're trying to get me to spend $109+tax. All I want to spend today dude is $19! Then, he comes back with a different offer for $99. Hello? That's only $10 less! I just told you I don't have a hundred bucks to spend today - I have a big expense coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm only getting one paycheck next month. Geez...don't you listen? Anyhow, I think I'm going to try TNT Car Wash next time and see if they 1) do a better job, 2) cost less or the same, and 3) don't hit me up with every "deal" in the book when I tell them I'm not interested!

Since I got home, I've added and/or updated about 10 blog entries (the new entries go all the way back to 6/10). I guess it's time now to get some laundry done and maybe go soak in the pool in our lovely 115* heat again!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Kristin--LOVE the posts. I LOVE Mr. Flat Stanley. You are so creative with your dialogue! The sliders look delish. I could have had those just for my dinner! I'll have to try those sometime. The produce looks yum. Wish we had something like that here. I liked the table, but was so-so on the hutch. See you soon!

Casey Lu said...

Hey Kristin, I thought I would let you know that what I thought was Rubbarb was Swiss Chard so double check the twisty tie around it to make sure, mine says swiss chard. I have a recipe for it if you want it. The peaches are divine!!!

Anonymous said...

I much prefer TNT. :-) You're blog is great. Sister Schroader shared it with me (I'm in Sierra Montana ward). :-)
~Nikki Ritter