Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tra-di-TION! Tradition, tradition, TRA-DI-TION!

Have you ever seen The Fiddler on the Roof? I LOVE that movie! I love it when the dad sings the Tradition song. It's all about the continuation of tradition...in the movie's case it's about continuing to follow the tradition of a spouse being chosen for you by the MatchMaker, but in this week's case, it's all about Natalie's "Traditions" shower!

After my HFPE meeting on Sunday, I worked on Natalie's shower gift while "watching" The Bourne Supremacy (love that movie!). I'm so excited to give it to her! There is a lot of tradition to it and I am so glad Clint thought of it! He amazes me when he comes up with these great ideas for things like that because you would think it would be me that would come up with the crafty ideas, but he does! I'm so lucky to have him!!

Not a lot to talk about lately...just work, etc. Went out to dinner with Bill and Bonnie last Friday. We went to Pappadeaux - a Louisiana style seafood place. Had a great time getting to know them more. Enjoyed the yummy shrimp and alligator that we shared for appetizers and Clint ordered the biggest plate of onion rings I've ever seen! Would have taken some pictures, but forgot my camera of all things. Hope we will go out with them again soon!

Sunday was fine. Just went to church, came home, had a HFPE meeting to wrap things up for our July activity. It's all on Fiscal Fitness. I hope there will be a lot of sisters there because I know we were inspired to do it on that, but I'm sure there will be a small crowd because it's a topic that not a lot of people are excited to learn about...especially if it's really going to help "them."

Well, off to work now. My time is very limited this week so I will have to recap after I get back from California this weekend. Poor C...he loves California and he has to stay home...sorry baby! I'll miss you!

2 comments:

Lisa Tucker said...

Don't forget to bring Flat Stanley on the trip to CA. He will have a good time. I hope he likes the bridal shower.

Cindy said...

Yes, Flat Stanley wants to go on a road trip!

The weekend is almost here! So excited to spend it with everyone! I can't wait to see what your tradition is. Lisa says it's REALLY good! Food and cake are ordered for Sat. and we are going to grill on Friday!