I finally vanpooled again today for the first time in about 6-8 weeks and am unsure if I want to keep doing it. Sure, I love saving all the money I do (which is extremely important these days with the economy totally sucking right now), but there is a peace and solace I find in driving by myself each day for that 35-45 minutes each way. I may ask to do four tens instead. I don't know.... At least with vanpooling, it gets me out of the office after 8.75-9 hours whereas when I drive, it's so easy to just stay a little longer.
Holly is here cleaning tonight (yeah!!!) and so hopefully soon I will feel even better. I love it when my house is clean. Too bad the office and scrap room won't be clean too (they need major organizing and purging before she can "clean" them). But, at least this weekend I should have time to work on them. It's supposed to be 74* for the high on Saturday and windy so it will be nice to have the windows open and the A/C turned off. Hopefully I can enjoy the day cleaning up the scrap room and then the office. I won't have to worry about the rest of the house, so that will be good. I think C and I will be headed to The Coral (Golden Corral) for breakfast before he heads to work and then off to do a couple errands.
The ward campout is this weekend and we aren't going, although we sort of would like to. A couple reasons why:
- C has to work Friday and Saturday
- It may possibly rain up in the mountains and our tent trailer needs a little repair regarding rain.
- We don't want to camp in the middle of a field with port-a-potties when there is a group campground not far away that costs the same or less and has actual toilets and tables and tent/trailer pads.
- We still are struggling to feel like we're a part of this ward. Now that we're in Primary, we feel even more segregated from the ward and our ability to meet and get to know other adults is even more limited.
- I just need to stay home and rest and work on the office and scrap room and spend some quality time with C.
I guess we'll just enjoy being here together. That will be best for us, I think. Well, that's about it for tonight. Gonna head in and see how Holly is coming along with the cleaning and still need to finish part of my "gift" for my cousin, Kristina's, traditions bridal shower that Jennifer is hosting tomorrow. She went and picked up the "stuff" for the gift, but I need to write some things out that she will read to go along with my gift. I hope Kristina likes it! Great idea, Jen! Wish I could be there...the food sounds de-lish!