Sunday, November 30, 2008

My 30 Days of Thanksgiving

At the beginning of the month, I decided I would try to list something I was thankful for, each day. I started noticing others doing the same thing. It was so interesting to see others' lists. Since today is the last day of the month, I thought I'd move my list from the right side of my blog to today's entry so I wouldn't lose all of the things I am so grateful for. Though some may think a few of these are lame, I am truly thankful for them.

1. I am thankful for Saturdays when C and I can go to breakfast together.

2. I am thankful for the opportunity to meet new friends in a new ward - our boundaries were just reassigned!

3. I am thankful for cell phones and bluetooth headsets so I can talk to family during my long commute.

4. I am thankful for the freedom to vote (even though it doesn't really count due to the lame Electoral College method).

5. I am thankful that Props 102 (Arizona) and 8 (California) passed to protect the sanctity of marriage.

6. I am thankful for dogs who love you no matter how many times you yell at them for just doing dog stuff, who know when you're down, who climb up on the sofa and lay on your lap even when they weigh 100+ pounds, who sleep at your side on a hardwood floor just to be close to you.

7. I am thankful for beautiful sunrises and sunsets. They are a reminder to me of God's love and power.

8. I am thankful for the power of prayer, no matter how simple it may be.

9. I am thankful for...believe it or not....8 a.m. church! You get home by 11:15 and can still have breakfast!

10. I am thankful for cooler days...it was only 69* here today! I love having the windows and doors open!

11. I am thankful for the men and women who have, are, and will put their lives on the line for me in serving our country through their service in the Armed Forces.

12. A husband who loves me no matter what kind of day I'm having.

13. Daily blessings in my life.

14. My dear friend Shelli. Happy birthday girl!

15. Weekends, even if I don't get the things done on my list that I wanted to.

16. The freedom to attend church, even though right you wonder if protestors are going to rush into the chapel during services.

17. Time spent with family.

18. A husband who willingly gets up at 4:30 a.m. to put medicine on my toes when he doesn't have to be up until 8:30.

19. Nieces and nephews who love you no matter what you look like.

20. A home that feels like home, no matter how clean or how messy it is. A place that is peaceful and allows you to forget about the worldly cares.

21. Parents that raised me in the Gospel, with righteous values, and a desire to be more like Christ.

22. Brothers and sisters to love.

23. A calling in church - even though you may have done it before and felt like you were never good enough at it.

24. Falling gas prices.

25. The ability to go to the temple.

26. A sweet man who loves me and keeps the gospel going strong in our home.

27. Time spent with family on this special day of Thanksgiving.

28. Some time off to finally relax.

29. The opportunity to go to Flagstaff with my honey to watch the Christmas Lights Festival at the Little America, even if it didn't end up like what we thought it would.

30. My cousin, Lisa, for being my best friend and always being there for me. Love you. Happy Birthday honey! I'm so glad we're cousins!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love the picture of you and Lisa. How neat that you two have such a wonderful relationship. We got our tree at Home Depot. Hope you are doing well.