Sunday, June 28, 2009

First Class is So Worth It...

I left today for Chicago. I left the house at 9:30 a.m. and drove to the airport. I have been super apprehensive about going this time because I have put on so much weight in the last year that I was NOT looking forward to squeezing my big butt into the tiny 17" seat made for regular sized people, nor was I looking forward to squeezing my arms together for 4 hours to avoid them touching the person in the middle seat and encroaching on their space. If I could have lost 100 pounds in the 3 weeks I knew I was coming here, I would have, but I couldn't.

Anyway...I got to the airport and checked my bag. I didn't want to have to deal with that as well as my fat body. I went to the gate to wait for my flight to board. I noticed on the board that they were requesting volunteers to go on a later flight. I inquired what the "deal" was. She told me a $350 voucher and gave me some flight options. I said I'd think about it. But, then, knowing that I had plans to meet up with Tom and Dennis for dinner, I decided against it. The gate agent then approached me with an offer that I couldn't refuse. If I went on a later flight, one that had a connection through Vegas and didn't get to Chicago until 11 p.m., she'd put me in First Class the whole way. I snatched it up. It was probably the most enjoyable flight(s) I've had in a very long time.

On the flight from Vegas to Chicago, we were served dinner. I've never had dinner on a plane before. It was actually REALLY good. It was rice pilaf, salmon, salad, a crunchy whole grain roll, and a piece of strawberry cheesecake. Yum!

I had a great flight attendant too. Her name was Jo-Anne and she took very good care of us. She was quite funny too and didn't treat us like stuffy First Classers, which I found refreshing.

I arrived at the hotel around midnight. Luckily, I don't have to be at work until a little later in the morning. It's very late now...so I'm going to bed...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love first class! It is so different than coach, especially on long flights. Gotta love it!

Cindy said...

Yes, 1st class is an experience everyone should have.