Monday, June 29, 2009

A Great Day of Work

My meeting went really well today and I was so glad to be able to come for it. It was nice integrating with the team and building that relationship with them. There is a lot of work ahead of us over the next two months, but that's part of my job and part of the "Plan" each year.

We went out to this Irish pub after work and had dinner there. It was interesting to see the different kinds of beers that the others were drinking. It made me think about how glad I am that I don't drink alcohol and that I never have. Nobody was acting crazy or anything, but I just thought about how I don't need alcohol to make me happy or to have a good time. I also thought about all of the interesting places I've had the opportunity to eat at lately. I wanted to try something "Irish" for dinner, but I was still pretty full from lunch so I just had a Chicken Caesar salad - which was interesting because it had ranch dressing instead of caesar.

On the way back to my hotel, I stopped at Baskin Robbins and got some of my favorite ice cream for dessert - Peanut Butter and Chocolate. While I was sitting there waiting for the light to change, I noticed the potted plants on the median. The petunias were so fragrant. It was so refreshing and wonderful. I wished we could do that in Phoenix, but it's just too hot. Brought the ice cream back to the hotel to eat while I watched TV. Nothing much good on TV tonight. Watched the Bachelorette for about 30 minutes, but that was kind of boring. I miss my DVR!!! I was really in the mood to watch Deadliest Catch! Guess I should have added a movie to my iPod or something before I came!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

You and Natalie. She is a die hard Deadliest Catch watcher.