Saturday, August 15, 2009

Stake Conference - Adult Session

Tonight was the adult session of Stake Conference. There was a Priesthood Leadership session which Melon Man had to attend. It lasted from 4 to 6 pm and then I got there at 6 pm for the 7 to 9 pm adult session. It was packed. No place on the soft benches to sit so we had to sit on the chairs at the back of the chapel. I guess I shouldn't complain since we did get to sit on the soft chairs versus the hard ones.

Marlin K. Jensen (left) and Jonathan C. Roberts (can't find a picture of him) were the presiding authorities. It was nice to listen to their talks. Elder Jensen was totally funny and made his talk really easy to pay attention to. He spoke of repentence and forgiveness. He also talked of wayward children.

During the Priesthood session, they shared that they had done 38 interviews for positions related to the stake split. That is a lot of people to have to interview! I'm not sure if those interviews were related directly to the new stake presidencies only or if they including High Councils and auxiliary leaders too. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

After the conference was over, we hung around for a few minutes to see if there would be a group of folks from the ward that were all going out to dinner together, but we didn't see any groups forming so we just went to Olive Garden by ourselves. When we were about 1/2 done with our dinner, in walked Bishop Micah Rolfe and his cute wife, Marie. I knew them from when I was in the Kingswood Park Ward a few years ago. He was not a bishop then, but both he and his brother Nicholas have since become bishops in other wards in our stake. We exchanged a quick hello and "we know where you just were!" Soon, we were done with our dinner and left.

It will be a good and exciting day tomorrow. We're going to head over around 8 a.m. so we can get a seat up front on the pews.

Also, forgot to mention that I got the bookshelf moved out of the hallway today and back into the office. Also got all of the books put back on it finally! Oh, that feels good. Now, just need to get the crates of "stuff" gone through and disposed of or put away, and the picture frames painted and hung up and the office will be finished. I really like the bookshelf being on the outside wall and having the ability to get to the window easily if I want to open it up for air (when the weather's cooler). I also need to get the scrapbook room put back together so Dad has a place to stay while he's here this coming week. I definitely have my work cut out for me!

No comments: