Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Last Sunday of 2009

Today is the last day we will have to go to church at 2 p.m.!  However, next week, we start going at 8 a.m.  Ouch.  But....I really do like that schedule.  I don't like getting up at 6:30 in the morning on a Sunday, but I like being done with church by 11 o'clock!  So, it's worth it.

Today I filled in for the pianist in Primary during the last hour of Primary.  I was so nervous.  I so do not like playing Primary songs.  They are HARD!  And, I don't know them.  I had 5 songs that I knew I'd have to play and I could play 4 of them okay so I thought I'd be okay.  But, then, things weren't as they were supposed to be, so I ended up playing about 15 songs!  I had to play a few just playing the melody on the right hand, but I really did try to play most using both hands.  I said a little silent prayer that Heavenly Father would help me sight read and play ok.  I guess I did alright...not the best, but ok.  Needless to say, I was so glad when Primary was over!

We came home and made some final "Christmas Eve" sandwiches for dinner.  Yeah, great Sunday dinner, but this schedule is not conducive to cooking a nice Sunday meal - at least I don't think so.

Believe it or not...our kitchen table still looks like this:

And, our kitchen counters still look like this....


Yep, that's right.  We still have not done the dishes from Christmas Eve!  I just lounged all day on Friday while Melon Man was at work and then when he came home, we ran a couple places and had some dinner.  Then we came home, watched an episode of the old 1945 Sherlock Holmes movies and then went to bed.  So, my goal today was to get these done after church, but I didn't...and you know what?...I'm okay with that.  We just sat and enjoyed each other on our last day before going back to work.  I did a load of laundry and blogged.  Now, I'm going to bed.  The dishes can wait until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

hey! the camera is the same one mom duffy got. A Nikon Coolpix. It has a ton of features that I'm still trying to learn how to use. It is a great point and shoot camera.