Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Homemade Christmas

I had to wait until after Christmas to post this because I didn't want everyone to know what our gift was this year ahead of time.  It's been hard not having the energy to go shopping or to do anything.  I wanted to make something personalized for everyone though ... it just couldn't take a lot of energy.  This is what I came up with.
These are personalized coasters.  I used my vinyl machine and cut out vinyl stick people that I tried to make resemble the actual person.  I applied the vinyl to the tiles and then modge-podged 3 coats on each of them.  After they were dry, I applied little sticky pads on the bottoms in each corner to protect the surfaces they would sit on from any scratches.  Then I wrapped them up. 

I think they turned out quite cute.  I know they didn't cost a lot to make, but that's not what it was all about.  I wanted something personal for each person and again, with feeling like crap a lot lately, it was all I could do to sit and design all of the stick people, then cut, weed, tape, and apply them, then do all the modge-podging.  Luckily, I was able to do it in phases that allowed me to rest in between.  I hope everyone liked them!

No comments: