Monday, February 1, 2010

A Sore Weekend

I woke up yesterday so sore that I could not move.  After laying in bed for about 10 minutes trying to get my body to move, I finally made it to the sofa in the living room.  It was 10:45 a.m.  Oops, I guess we missed church.  Melon Man toasted some onion bagels and cooked up some sausage patties.  I ate some bagel and two little sausages.  That was it for the entire day except the apple I ate around 2 p.m.  My body was so sore from the fall.  I guess the pain and shock finally kicked in.  Everytime I coughed, I was in major pain.

Around 2:30, I just couldn't fight sleep anymore.  My head had been throbbing for hours for some reason and I finally gave in and fell asleep.  I hate falling asleep on Sunday afternoons because I tend to sleep for HOURS and HOURS and then when it's time to go to bed, I can't sleep.  Well, yep, that happened this time too.  I was out until Melon Man woke me up to go to bed around 10:45 p.m.  Well, then, once I was actually in bed, I couldn't go to sleep.  I laid there and laid there and drifted in and out of sleep.  I had four VERY vivid bad dreams.  I could actually hear myself screaming out loud in real life.  I could hear myself talking or crying too.  Weird.  Then, when 4:30 a.m. actually arrived, I was so tired that I couldn't get up.  For two hours, my alarm went off every seven minutes.  Finally, at 6:30 a.m., I got up to get ready for work.  Yeah, that didn't go too well.  I was so shaky.  I felt like all my muscles were shaking and I had no control over them.  I was so nauseous too.  The only thing I can think of is that my body went into shock finally yesterday from Friday's fall and now the muscles were just trying to figure out what to do.  I was seriously worried!

I did make it to work today but walked very slowly for most of the day.  Eventually, I finally started to be able to move better.  I'm still a little scared that I hurt myself badly when I fell, but I guess only time will tell.

Melon Man recently told me that my dad-in-law always notices that I post about food in every one of my blog entries.  I hadn't really ever noticed until he told me that, but I guess I do.  It's just such a part of life that I never really thought much about it. 

So, without further's today's food update for Michigan Man:

I made salmon, rice and broccoli for dinner today.  I'd only ever made salmon once or twice before.  This time, I baked it too long and it was dry.  Bummer.  I tried.  I've just lost my touch, I guess.  Oh well...that's why there are restaurants!


Cindy said...

Ouch. I hope a week later now you are feeling much better!

Sigie said...

Just keep trying more and more cooking and it will start getting better.


Cindy said...

What are you doing in East LA?!