Friday, August 13, 2010

Melon Man Arrived Today!

Melon Man dropped the dogs off at their respective places of care for while we are gone and then headed to the airport with Lisa.  She's been so great picking us up and dropping us off at the airport lately! 

I worked all day and then left work at 8:45 to race to the airport to pick him up.  I literally hauled butt to get there before he came up the terminal and through security.  I made it just as he came through!  He stood out among all the other passengers because he'd "shopped" while at the Dallas airport - yep, he had on a big silver belt buckle and a brown cowboy hat.  He certainly looked the part!


We got his bag and headed back to the car.  It was really good to be together again.  It seems like we've spent a lot of time apart lately.  We went to Champps for dinner.  He had the fish and chips and I had the steak salad again (I had it last night too).  My salad was REALLY good - again.

We then went to the hotel and lounged before going to bed.  I was glad to be able to sleep on my own side of the bed again.  And, it was really nice to have him there beside me.  I slept REALLY well.  Tomorrow, we're finally off to Michigan for our vacation!

No comments: