Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Breakfast with Linda and David

Melon Man and I met up with Linda and Desert Dweller (David - he's a little jealous he doesn't have a special blog name yet so we came up with one for him!) today at The Coral for breakfast.  We were there for two and a half hours!  It was so much fun talking and laughing.  We were cracking up at the old folks that were there.  They just gave us good reasons to laugh.  There were a couple of times that Linda and I were laughing so hard that I thought I was going to either wet my pants or that soda was going to spew from my nose!  What a fun time!

After we parted ways, Melon Man and I came home and he went to bed and I sat down on the sofa to watch something on tv.  I lasted until about noon and then I was out!  I slept and slept and when I woke up, it was 7 p.m.!  I guess I was just tired.  I hadn't slept well at all last night, so I guess I just needed it.  I got a phone call from my little Dylan and he needed to ask me about 462 questions for the biography he was writing about me for school.  How sweet!  After we were done, I watched the Dancing with the Stars finale and was so glad that Jennifer Grey won.  She really deserved it.  She was THE BEST the entire season. 

Tomorrow night we are having a mexican fiesta with Melon Man's cousin's family in Gilbert (Lary and Tere).  All of their kids will be there...including Dak and his girlfriend Tara, Nik, Anissa, Robyn, Olivia, and Landon, and also Noah, Giselle, and Rajko.  It's going to be at Nik and Anissa's house and I am so looking forward to it.  It will be nice to be able to be with some of Melon Man's family for a big holiday. 

After Melon Man left for work, I watched Parenthood's Thanksgiving episode.  It was really good.  Very touching.  I LOVE that show.  It made me start to cry.  From that point on, I was weepy all evening.  Then, when I went to go to bed around 12:30 a.m., I started bawling.  I don't know why.  I was sobbing so hard.  I couldn't stop.  I cried continuously for over 30 minutes.  I had a very sudden depression come over me.  I laid there in bed and just couldn't stop crying and being sad.  Dog cuddled up to me as he does whenever he senses that I'm sad.  But, I just couldn't go to sleep, even though I am really tired.  So, I decided to come in and blog for a bit.  I texted Melon Man at work to ask him to call me on his lunch but it's after 2:15 a.m. and he still hasn't called.  I don't know what's wrong with me.  I just have tears in my eyes and am so sad right now.  I don't want to be sad.  For the first time in a couple of years, I am excited about the holidays.  I don't want to ruin it with sadness and tears!  Maybe it's just hitting me hard that once again, I won't have any of my immediate family with me for the two best holidays of the year....

No comments: