Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Disneyland 2011 - Day 2

We left San Diego early this morning and headed up the freeway toward Anaheim.  It was amazing...the traffic to get onto the freeway.  It seriously took us 15 minutes to get on.  Once we were on the freeway though, it wasn't so bad.  We motored on up the freeway and it wasn't but just a few minutes and we saw the San Diego temple come into view.  It was glorious, as always.  I wish I could have caught this picture though without the window glare!
Melon Man cruised on up the highway and within about 90 minutes, we were pulling into the hotel parking lot!  We checked into our room - another one with just queen beds - and then we headed outside to meet up with the family.  They were standing in front of the hotel office and all of a sudden, the kids recognized us and ran toward us.  They were so surprised that we were there!  Melon Man wore his sparkly Mickey ears from our trip with Dad a few years ago.  Surprisingly, we never did see anyone else with those same ears the entire time we were at Disneyland!

We missed taking the shuttle by just a few minutes so we ended up walking to the park.  It was really hard on me.  I felt really bad that everyone had to keep stopping for me, but it just hurt so bad.  For almost 6 years, I have sat at my desk in my office constantly, day in, day out, for 8 to 15 hours a day.  Add on top of that the weight I've put back on and my legs just do not have any strength in them anymore to carry me around the way they should.  Yes, I know I need to lose weight.  Anyhow....we took a quick picture before we took off for the park.  So cute!
I finally caught up with them at the entrance and as Kurt and Ang were picking up their tickets, we grabbed this very cute picture of me with Noah and Dylan.  They are getting SO BIG!  It seems like forever since we've seen them.
As we went through the gates, I noticed the cute tops on the gates.  They remind me of the hats in one of the Disney movies.  I'm not sure which one, Pinocchio, maybe?  I just can't put my finger on it.  But this just make me think of all the little details that Disneyland has put into place around the park.  I found myself taking pictures of all different kinds of things like this.
In all my years of going to Disneyland, I don't think I've ever noticed the signs over the entrances to the different lands...like Adventureland.  Today, I did.
Miss Holly loved the Belle doll and blanket Uncle Melon Man had bought for her and brought along with us.  She held onto it for quite a long time.  She wasn't too sure of us though.  This was the look she gave us most of the time we were with them.  She had been really sick for a few days and still wasn't feeling well so that was part of it.
After riding Indiana Jones as the first ride, we headed to Pirates of the Caribbean.  Pirates is one of my most favorite rides.  It's amazing that it goes so far down into the ground.  I never realized that until this time when we rode it and we went down that first drop. 
I love this picture of Melon Man and Dolly.  She's growing up so fast.  I can't believe she's going to be in Junior High this fall.  She's turning into a beautiful young lady.  I really love her new haircut.  It's got cute layers in it and is very modern.  Darling!
Dylan was my pal.  I couldn't get enough of him.  I just wanted to love on him the whole time.  He was very obliging to my picture-taking.  I loved his poses!
Scooter wore Uncle Melon Man's 50th anniversary hat around the whole time at Disneyland.  It was his own little connection to Uncle Melon Man.  He held onto it for dear life so he wouldn't lose it on some of the rides.
As we waited in line for the Haunted Mansion, I noticed the ornate ironwork around the building.  It was so beautiful!  Why had I never noticed such neat things in prior years?
Okay, so as we were standing there on the porch of the Haunted Mansion, I looked over by one of the doors and saw this.  Know what it is?  It's a boot mud/poop scraper thing-a-ma-bob.  In the old days, they would put these near the front door so the cowboys could scrape the dirt/mud/poop from the bottom of their boots before coming in the house.  I wonder how many other people have ever noticed these while standing in line for the Haunted Mansion and how many people even know what it is...
Another cute picture of my Pickle Boy Dylan!
We stopped in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle for our obligatory picture.  The last time we had our picture taken in front of the castle, they were working on remodeling it so there was draping all over in front of it.  This time was much better!
As we stood in line for the new Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage ride, I took this picture of the Matterhorn.  This is another one of my favorite rides.  I just love it!  I've always loved roller coaster rides.  I must be getting old though....this one really racked my body this time!

We just HAD to find a churro stand.  The churros at Disneyland are THE BEST.  I had my first Disneyland churro when Melon Man and I went to Disneyland on our honeymoon.  There is just something about them that is so good.  We love them just about as must as we love the corn dogs at Disneyland!
The last time we went to Disneyland, the submarine voyage ride was being redesigned.  I have NEVER ridden on the submarine ride.  I HAD to ride it this time.  The wait was about 20 minutes which really wasn't bad at all.  I love the movie Finding Nemo.  So darling.  Melon Man has never seen it.  I think we'll need to get it!
 So cute...Melon Man and Scooter getting ready to depart on our journey...
 As we departed, I was amazed at the beauty under the water...yes, I took all of these pictures...
As night fell, we headed over to California Adventure for the World of Color light show.  I was able to video the whole show, but of course, it's too big to add to YouTube.  So, these are some pictures of just a tiny bit of the show.  Too bad I don't have any actual pictures of when the water was shooting up high into the air.  The show really was incredible, even if we were on the backside of the lake and had to see it all in reverse.  Maybe I'll be able to edit the video to make it small enough to add to the site or can capture some still shots from it.
After the show was over, I headed out while everyone else rode a couple more rides and such.  It took me a while to make it all the way back to the entrance of the park, but I finally made it.  I'd only been sitting a few minutes, after having taken this picture, that the family arrived and then we walked to the shuttle stop. 
 After the shuttle dropped us off at the hotel, we drove over to Cheesecake Factory for dinner.  Miss Holly still was not too thrilled.  She sat there looking at us like we were wonky.  But...soon....
...she actually smiled at us!  I think it had to do with the fact that the waitress brought her her very own plate full of bread, but I'll take it anyway!  Cutie pie!  We played with her and got her to smile quite a bit more off and on.  She must have been feeling much better!
At one point, we all looked over at Scooter and he was asleep, so then Dilly and Dolly thought they had to pretend they were asleep as well.  What pranksters!
Now, this picture of Scooter crouched over in his chair is NOT faked.  He truly was like this!  He was WORN OUT!  We soon left the restaurant and went back to the hotel.  Dilly and Dolly spent the night in our room with us.  Dilly showed us some card tricks - or tried to - and soon we all collapsed asleep! 
 Nighty, night!

No comments: