Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm Home from O-HI-O Again

Quick update...seems like I have so much to blog and not enough time to do it.  So, forgive my short sentences...at least this way I get my thoughts down...

Left on Monday to go to Ohio.  Was gone three days for a 5 hour meeting.  Two travel days, one meeting day.  Sure, we had a short hour meeting also on Wednesday, but it was the 5 hour meeting that 28 of us came for.  At first, I was quite not so happy to have to be gone for 3 whole days for a 5 hour meeting - I mean, it's December, it's Christmas, it's still busy at work.  But, after the meeting was over, I decided that it was worth it.  So, it's 90% all good.  I'm still not happy that it was right before Christmas and my tree lights still don't work and I'm not sure when I'm going to finish fixing them and I don't have any presents ready to ship and my house is a mess and there's laundry everywhere and there are still Christmas crates all over in the dining area...but, hey, the meeting was good.

The weather was cold, gray, and incredibly rainy.  I never realized how much "gray" affects me.  I'm so used to sun now that I sit by windows at work that the 3 days of December gloom in Ohio really drained me.  When we landed in Dallas yesterday and I could see and feel the sunshine, I felt new life in me.  I feel for anyone that has seasonal depression.  How awful!

Our flight landed about 20 minutes early in Dallas - which was good since we pulled into Gate C21 and we had to go to C31, then, when we got there, we found out we had to go to C17 now.  As we were headed there, the gate assignment changed again and we had to go to C19.  Then, back to C17.  We get there and I go up to the counter to check to see if it's likely that I may get upgraded to first class and the dude says, sorry, don't think so, and oh...your gate's been changed.  You're in D38.  Yes, D, not C.  That's a whole other freakin' terminal on the complete opposite side of the airport property.  Good thing they have that skylink train thingamabob.  So...six gates in about 20 minutes.  We jumped on the train and about 5-7 minutes later we were there, then down the escalator, over 3 gates, and boom, finally.  And then it was time to board.  Nope, no first class.  Oh well...guess I get to hang over into the aisle to avoid encroachment issues with the rude dude sitting next to me.

Weird...no window on our row.  Couldn't see the absolutely gorgeous sunset that occurred...just heard about it from my co-worker who was sitting further back.

Melon Man picked me up.  So glad to be back with him.  Miss him.  Don't see him enough.

Blog books arrived while I was gone.  Look great.  Will post pictures soon.  Very heavy books - especially the blog one.  Did you know that black ink weighs more than other colors?  Yep, does.  Since there's so much black ink in this book, it's pretty heavy.

Went to bed.  Dog laid next to me all night - don't think he moved at all.  Little dog slept in his laundry basket, content to be in the house instead of outside in the cold.

Melon Man did a lot of maintenance on my truck while I was gone - got the oil changed, got it washed, filled it up with gas, got the emissions test done, had new tires put on it, and got the alignment done.  Now I get to fork out $200+ for the registration.  Remind me to never buy a new vehicle during the holidays again...

Went tonight and got my hair chopped.  Well, not chopped, but trimmed and colored.  Love the color.  Very natural, but with nice highlights, nothing drastic or dramatic.  Growing my hair out, but got enough cut off to give it some body and shape.

Got a much needed pedicure.  She did some reflexology on my feet.  I was sitting in the pedi chair and my butt/tailbone were hurting a bit.  I didn't tell her that, but as she was working on my foot, all of a sudden there was a pain in my foot that felt like a hot needle poking in it.  I told her that hurt and she asked me if there was pain in my back or hips.  Weird...because there was!

Melon Man put the lights up on the house last weekend.  Thank you honey.  That may be all that gets done this year!  Not...but one never knows...

We had our ward Christmas Party last weekend and Melon Man filled in for Santa.  He did a great job.  Here are a couple pics...along with pics from other parts of the night...

Not only did I design the invitations for the party, I contributed to the food prep by preparing 36 boxes of Stove Top stuffing...
 Took this picture of Brad and Kelly Brown...our YW President and her husband.
 These were the sugar plum fairies dancing...

 The reindeer that were heard up on the rooftop...
 And then Santa arrived!  Ho, ho, HO!


 This little boy has to sit on Santa's lap every year!
 This year, he brought his girlfriend...
 And then they both sat on Santa's lap!


It was a fun night.  It was a little sad though too.  As I was sitting near Santa so I could take pictures of all the kids with him, I could hear him talking about family home evening and such with a little girl and I wondered what spurred that on.  I later asked him and he told me that this little girl's only Christmas wish was for her family to be happy.  My heart was so touched, yet incredibly sad.  Little kids shouldn't have to think about things like that for Christmas.

Well, I think that's about it for now.  Heading off to bed now.  Ciao.

1 comment:

Breanna said...

haha love the santa! btw its breanna :)