Sunday, December 11, 2011

Weekend Update with Fatty Girl

Got up early Saturday to get working on stuff.  Cancelled Holly.  Just not enough time to pick up around here so she could clean.  Melon Man got home from work and made homemade biscuits and gravy - yum.  Tree lights still not working.  Started working on fixing them, burned my hand - yes - burned it on Christmas tree lights - um, yeah, something's not right there.  Piano tuner guy came early.  Couldn't do anything with noise while he was here, so came in the office and worked on the program for church.  Then worked on my lesson.  Melon Man went to bed.  Piano guy left.  Piano sounds awesome now - needs about $400 worth of action work done.  Maybe in a few months.  Just put $1000+ in new tires on the truck, had an alignment done, emissions test, and now registration is due.  Plus Melon Man needs to have about $1500 worth of work done on his truck.  Yay.  Dropped into China City in the evening for a quick dinner on our way to chaperone the youth dance.  Felt like we had to scarf it down so we could get to the dance.  Drove out to the church.  Nobody was there.  Crap.  Felt like inklings of our Mikado to Harrisville to Mikado to Harrisville to Mikado to Harrisville trip last year.  Luckily, we found it at the Sarival building and so we went and guarded the hallways and exits for 3 hours.  By the time we got home, it was almost midnight.  I still had some work to do to finish preparing my lesson for today, so I was up until 2:30 a.m.  Then, back up at 6 to wrap up one last thing and get ready.  We headed off to church, then came home, ate some quesadillas, Melon Man went to bed, I nodded off at the computer while working on some Christmas present stuff, then Lisa called - thank goodness or else my head might still be bobbing - and I've been sitting here working on it all night.  Almost done - hallelujah.  Just waiting on something from someone and then have to send some things off to be done so I can pick them up tomorrow after my dentist appointment.  Melon Man got up for about an hour and then went to bed again.  Dealing with a residual migraine, I think.  Yuck.

I'm feeling quite blue tonight.  Everyone's doing fun things, enjoying their Christmas trees and decor, Christmas shopping, making goodies, visiting with family, and my house is dark, cold, dirty, and lonely.  I don't know when I'm going to get the tree fixed but I'm not putting decorations on it with half lit lights.  This week is the long week at work so I'll be working late those nights when I don't have other obligations.  Oh let's see...Monday - dentist, Tuesday- work late, Wednesday - Young Women, Thursday - Laser appointment, then come back to work, Friday - maybe leave on time...maybe.  So, maybe I can work on the tree more then.  But honestly, why even bother putting up the tree and going to all the effort of decorating everything if it's all only going to be up a week?  But then again, it probably will take me twice as long to get it down as it's taking me to get it up, so it will probably still be up in April.  The grinch has arrived.  Welcome.  I wondered how long it would take for him to show up...

1 comment:

Ronda Batchelor said...

Thanks for the comment, that's too funny about you seeing the Spinnakers. Once a Pirate always a Pirate. Sounds like we traded states. Four years ago we move up here from Apache Junction, Az. Too funny. I love how blogging connect people. Thanks,Ronda from Batchelors Way