Sunday, April 8, 2012

O My Soul, It Rejoiceth

Today is Easter - the day we reflect on the life, death, and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I've felt a little off today.  I overslept because I was up so late last night finishing up things for today after getting home from Prom last night at 12:30 a.m.  I unexpectedly played the closing hymn, with Bro. Baumann today as a duet like we did at Christmas time.  We had a very nice dinner with everyone at Linda and Dave's except that my potatoes turned out weird.  Again, I've felt a little off.  Maybe it's because I'm just so tired.

However, as I was getting ready for church this morning, I came across a video on one of the blogs that I frequent that then led me to another video that took my breath away, helped make my Easter morn more reflective, and drew me closer to my Lord.  The tears were streaming down my face.

As I have worked on Prom the last two years and girls camp with Jen the year before that, I have felt the Savior's hand in my life more than I ever have.  I have drawn closer to Him and so videos like the one I have posted below tug at my heart in measures I didn't even know I had.

As I watched this video, I was reminded of just how very much our Savior loves us.  You can see it in His face (see video at mark 2:16 to 2:20).  How He carries us in our times of need and pleads to the Father on our behalf (see video at mark 2:27 to 2:37).  The single teardrop rolling down His cheek.  The sorrow with someone (see video at mark 1:52 to 1:56).  The smile on His face.  The touch of His hand.  So incredible and so real.

As I watched this video, I thought about how I never really realized that when the Savior appeared to the Nephites in the Americas after His resurrection, how they would feel and how they would rejoice.  You can see this in their faces.  Such an amazing love.

As I watched this video, I thought about my own life and how although I don't want to die at this point in my life, that if I were to do so, I hope that I have tried to serve the Master and my brothers and sisters here on earth well and that when I cross over to that other side, He will tell me that I have done well and He will embrace me and I will melt into His arms.



I am so grateful for the Atonement, for His life, the sacrifice of His life for me, and His resurrection, so I can someday return to His presence and that of our Heavenly Father.  I've been through some pretty rough patches in my life.  There have been many times that I have been so far withdrawn from the Savior that I felt like I was all alone.  It wasn't until I was in the depths of despair that I reached out to Him so completely that I finally KNEW He was there for me and could feel Him by my side.  Although that rough time in my life is now in the distant past and I have a much happier marriage, I give all credit for these things to Him.  I know He had His hand in it and wanted me to know He was there with me.

I love my Savior.  I hope I make Him happy in my choices.  And, I will be eternally grateful for His sacrifice.

No comments: