West Virginia and Texas...check!
Still left in my queue... Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland
Other states remaining... Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina
So, there are still quite a few states left to work on if you're interested in helping out! Oh, and they announced today that 63.98% of the census is now fully indexed and searchable. That is up almost 14% in just 6 days! New Jersey needs a lot of help...it's only at 20% indexed...the lowest out of the whole country right now.
Below are the latest statistics for the project.
- 88,924,341 names have been indexed and arbitrated.
- 20 states have published searchable indexes on FamilySearch.org. These states include Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and Wyoming.
- 8 additional states are 100% indexed, arbitrated and in the final stage of preparation for posting.
- 3 additional states are 99% indexed and arbitrated. To see the status of each state visit the 1940 US Census state-by-state progress map on the FamilySearch website.
- 133,655 indexers have signed up to index the 1940 US Census....AND I AM ONE OF THEM!